1 cup rolled oats
½ cup plain flour
½ cup plain wholemeal flour
½ cup dessicated coconut
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup brown sugar or sugar alternative
3 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp orange marmalade
¼ cup rice bran oil
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the oats, flours, coconut, cinnamon and sugar. Stir well to combine
3. In another bowl, place the golden syrup, marmalade, oil and water. Mix well then place into the microwave for about 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and whisk in the baking soda until it is a smooth consistency.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well until fully combined.
5. Place dollops of the mixture onto the lined baking tray and flatten with the back of a fork. Ensure you leave enough space between each cookie as the mixture will spread when cooking.
6. Place into the oven for about 10–15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Once cooked, remove from the oven and place onto a wire rack to cool.
Makes 12-16 depending on size of cookie