2 cups frozen peas
1 leek, sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ iceberg lettuce, washed and chopped
750ml vegetable stock or bouillon
Juice of ½ lemon
Handful of fresh mint or parsley
1. Gently melt butter in a large saucepan.
2. Add the garlic and leek, cooking for a few minutes.
3. Slowly add the stock and the frozen peas and cook for a further five minutes.
4. Add the lemon juice, fresh herbs and lettuce and cook for 3-4minutes.
5. Remove from heat and blend using a stick blender or pour into heatproof jug blender.
6. Cool in refrigerator and serve cool.