For the base
300g almonds, pecans or walnuts (or a mix of the three)
1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
200g pitted dates
For the filling:
4 medium, ripe avocados
150g virgin coconut oil
Beans of 2 whole vanilla pods or 1 tsp vanilla essence
200g raw cacao powder
Pinch of salt
200g rice syrup or agave nectar to taste.
1. In a food processor, blend the nuts (preferably, soak them for around 6 hours first).
2. Then add the Pink Himalayan salt or another good quality salt. To this, add the dates and a little water. Blend until you have a ‘dough’, or until the mix forms a ball.
3. Press this mixture into the bottom of a mould. Cover in cling film and leave to harden in the freezer till you are ready to pour on the filling.
4. Blend your filling ingredients until smooth, and then pour onto the base.
5. Set in the freezer for 1 hour. Then it should be firm enough to slice up. Top with fresh berries, or a dusting of cacao powder.