50g butter or coconut oil
50g sultanas or dried fruit, finely chopped
3 rounded tbsp honey or rice syrup
225g cooking apples, peeled, cored and grated
About a ½ inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated or 1tsp ground ginger
Touch of cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
50g pumpkin seeds
1. Heat the butter and honey/syrup gently in a saucepan until melted.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients.
3. Mix thoroughly and spoon the mixture into a lined and greased square tin. Press down firmly and evenly with the back of a spoon.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for around 30 minutes until golden.
5. Leave in the tin for 15 min, then cut into bars (about 12) and then put them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 bars (approx)