120g sugar (or sugar substitute)
150ml vegetable oil or coconut oil
2 bananas, mashed
225g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cooked and mashed
150g plain flour
125g wholemeal flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon or nutmeg
50g walnuts or pecans, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F and line a loaf tin with baking paper or grease with a little oil.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg and oil. Add the mashed banana, butternut pumpkin and gently combine.
3. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon or nutmeg. Fold this dry mixture into the banana mixture and stir through the walnuts.
4. Pour into the tin and bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown on top.
5. Serve warm or cool with a little Greek yogurt and drizzle of honey.