300g fresh spinach
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 sheets of ready rolled filo pastry
100g feta cheese
A little milk
1. Preheat the oven to 210°C / 410°F.
2. Wash and finely slice the leeks. Heat a little butter and olive oil in a saucepan and fry the leeks over a low heat with the garlic and thyme. Cook gently for about ten minutes, covered with a lid, until soft. Add a little salt and pepper.
3. Wilt 300g of spinach in a covered saucepan with a little water and then drain well and squeeze out all of the water.
4. Unroll the filo pastry and lay one sheet on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
5. Spread the cooked leeks and spinach over the base of the pastry, leaving a 1cm gap at each edge. Crumble the feta cheese over the top of the vegetables, filling in any gaps. Season with a little more pepper and brush the edges of pastry with a little milk. Then place the top layer of pastry on top, scrunching the edges with the bottom layer to create a parcel.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven until the pastry edges are golden.
7. Slice and serve with green vegetables and new potatoes.